Umpires Code of Conduct
As a CPLL Umpire:
(1) I will learn and know the playing rules of Little League Baseball and
Softball. I will attend meetings, clinics and seminars to enhance and refresh
my knowledge of baseball and softball.
(2) I will act in a professional manner. I will arrive to games on time, in
uniform and will keep myself in good physical condition. I will take each
(3) I will be firm, fair, consistent and neutral. I will explain the rules when
needed. I will show confidence but avoid arrogance.
(4) I will show patience and respect to players, coaches, other umpires,
parents, spectators and the property of others.
(5) I will take responsibility for the health and safety of all players. Before
and during games, I will take reasonable notice of each player’s equipment
and field conditions for safety and take any reasonable precautions to
ensure a safe contest for all.
(6) I will provide a sports environment that is free of profanity, drugs,
tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all CPLL activities.
(7) I will always remain calm and use diplomacy and understanding to
diffuse difficult or charged situations.
(8) I will remember that I am a youth sports umpire and that the game is
for the children and not for the adults.
I understand that if I am unable to follow the expectations described above
and the adopted CPLL Code of Conduct I will be disciplined in accordance
with the CPLL bylaws.